Lead Work Services
What is Lead Roofing
Lead roofing is versatile and comes in many forms, starting as a lead roll. Its malleability is what makes it perfect for roofing; with a low melting point, it can easily bend and mould into any shape, covering even the most awkward shapes. After being moulded and cut, it is sealed onto the roof with an industrial sealant. It’s no surprise lead has been used on roofs for centuries due to its toughness and longevity, making it one of our favorite materials to work with.
Expert in Lead Roof Installation, Replacement and Repair
Roofers Kensington has over 15 years of industry knowledge and is well-versed in a variety of materials, including lead. Trust us to provide the highest quality lead work installations, including lead roofing, that are assured to last for many years.
Should you need any of our services relating to chimneys, guttering, roof installation, roof repairs and maintenance, cladding, soffits and fascias, flat roofing and pitched roofing, or any other roofing services for both residential and roofing of commercial buildings, do not hesitate to give us a call or contact us using our contact us page, and our team would respond to you as soon as possible, most likely via email.
Different use cases of Lead Roofing
Lead roofing requires skill and experience due to the heavy and malleable material. Yet, the unique properties of lead make it a preferred choice among architects and builders for its versatility in achieving desired aesthetics. A well-executed lead roofing project can be truly remarkable.
Lead is versatile in creating intricate decorative details like cornices and finials, as well as forming elegant curves and angles on roofs to add character. Additionally, it is durable and can withstand extreme weather conditions, making it practical for roofing purposes.
Below are just a few use case of lead work
5 Benefits of Lead Work on Roofs
- Lead is very durable and can endure harsh weather conditions, such as snowstorms and heatwaves, without corroding or combusting.
- Lead’s great malleability allows it to be shaped to meet various roofing needs. Whether it’s large sections for full coverage or small pieces for detailed seals, lead can be bent and molded to fit any size or shape.
- Lead is highly eco-friendly for roofing as it can be recycled with zero waste. It can be melted and repurposed for use in new roofing projects, making it an ideal choice for environmentally conscious construction.
- Lead is an excellent option for roofing as it provides a sleek black finish that can enhance the appearance of untidy areas. Its impressive look makes it an ideal choice for improving the overall aesthetics of your roof.
- Lead is highly durable and can last for more than 100 years, making it an excellent choice for roofing projects that need long-lasting and resilient materials.